Friday, January 21, 2011




Lost Things ( decorating with)

They said keep what you like, within reason.

But my backyard is too small for tank like ankylosaurus and the great
stegosaurii with spear backs and spiked tails.

So I settled for a single giant sloth who is nibbling the unruly
caragana bushes by the passenger pigeon’s dovecote.

The kitchen is raucous with Carolina parakeets who perch more
comfortably on the high backed kitchen chairs than I ever could.

The tub enclosure is given over to Labrador ducks and countless
anonymous orchids so it’s showers from now on.

My living room is much improved by an aquarium of paisley trilobites
(who said they were black),
and the little rodent guy asleep in his terrarium
(who  is after all family) .

I am sure given a proper nurturing environment the
Tasmanian wolf pups will learn to coexist with carpet.

In the library the dodo (over by the Lewis Carroll) helps me shelve scrolls from 
Alexandria , early episodes of Dr. Who and the remaining verses of Kubla Khan.

And on Saturday nights you and me and the australopithecine, resplendent in his
bright red jersey, will be in the den watching a Red Wings game.

                                                               Guy


I took the photos from of a series of books I have
by J . Augusta illustarted by (the great) Zdenek Burian








No comments: